CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 6 May 2011

Well hello !

I've only gone and done it !

I've actually started a blog !
I decided to call this blog ' my crafting journey', because I'm hoping this is the beginning of a great journey.

I have  been a crafter for as long as I can remember, inheriting the love of crafting from my Mum, and happily it seems that my daughter shares the passion too.
I have tried my hand at many different ( mostly self taught ) crafts, mainly to prove to myself that I can do it !
I don't craft as much as I would like to, because of lack of time. I also have such a lot of crafting stuff, crammed into several cupboards, that I get fed up of getting it all out and piling it all back in and also have forgotten what I have actually got !
However this is all about to change, we are redecorating our back bedroom and getting rid of the double bed, which is only used a couple of times a year, and replacing it with a sofa bed, and it is going to be my crafting room !!!

I am sooo excited, it is proving to be a slow process though, I have stripped the many layers of wallpaper off the walls, and am now waiting for my lovely husband to get the enthusiasm  to do the skirting boards, architrave etc .



       

Here are a few photos I took before I stripped the walls.
I have chosen the paint and wallpaper, however, after hearing yesterday that Focus has gone into administation, I am panicking slightly, as that is where the paper is from. So I am going to go there tomorrow, and hopefully I will be able to get it.
I will keep you posted with operation craft room !!

1 comment:

  1. You will get there.. and then you will think, why on earth did I not do this years ago!!
    Looking forward to seeing it all poshed up!

    ReplyDelete